ISU Skating Awards
The ISU Skating Awards, which combine the high-flying energy of the traditional exhibition gala with the glitz and glamour of an awards show, are created to honour the world’s best skaters competing at the ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2020. In keeping with the exhibition gala tradition, the 2020 world medallists will perform an exhibition number coupled with live musical acts and exciting production numbers that combine contemporary skating and dance. Awards will be handed out to skaters, coaches and choreographers in seven categories.
For further information on the ISU Skating Awards please visit: https://isu.org/figure-skating/isu-skating-awards.
ISU Skating Awards categories
There are 7 Award categories:
- Most Valuable Skater: Honors the Single Skater or Pair or Ice Dance Couple who best managed to increase the level of popularity of Figure Skating related to the fan base involvement, media attention and sponsors appreciation
- Best Costume: Honors the Single Skater or Pair or Ice Dance Couple presenting a costume reflecting creativity, contemporary implementation, fashion, style and originality
- Most Entertaining Program: Honors the Single Skater or Pair or Ice Dance Couple for the music selection, expression, creativity, contemporary implementation, originality and overall performance
- Best Newcomer: Honors a young talented Single Skater or Pair or Ice Dance Couple competing very successfully in ISU Events on the Senior level for the first season
- Best Choreographer: Honors the choreographic work of a Choreographer who successfully inspired one or several Single Skaters and/or Pairs and/or ice Dance Couples
- Best Coach: Honors a Coach who delivered professional and efficient work and achieved outstanding results with one or several Single Skaters and/or Pairs and/or ice Dance Couples
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Honors a Figure Skating legend having achieved great success and popularity and is considered as a role model in the Figure Skating World.