With #Montreal2020 just over a week away, single skater Alicia Pineault shares with us some of her favourite things to do, see and eat in Montreal.
1.What is your favourite restaurant in Montreal?
Le kampai Garden
2. What is your favourite dessert place in Montreal?
Le Cacao 70
3. What is your favourite activity away from the rink in Montreal?
On my free time, I like to do bouldering at Bloc Shop to stay active. The people are always super friendly there. I also like to just walk around Montreal, there are always many events going on at Le quartiers des spectacles which is definitely something to look for.
4. What is your favourite place to shop in Montreal?
Shopping wise, I like to go to the Eaton Center or to walk along St-Catherine street.
5. What is your favourite winter activity in Montreal? Summer?
In the winter, I like to figure skate at the Old Port right under the ferris wheel. At night, everything just lights up while I skate around listening to the music. In the summertime, I love to just go and see outdoor concerts. I’m always super excited to discover new artists at Le Festival de Jazz and Osheaga.
6. Is there anything specific fans should know about Montreal?
Montreal is a very diverse city. You can always find something to do close by and Montrealers are known to be very inclusive people.
7. What is the most exciting thing about living in Montreal?
Everything is very accessible if you use the public transport.
8. Where is the best selfie location in Montreal?
At the top of Mont-Royal
9. If someone only had one day in Montreal, what are some things you would recommend them doing/seeing?
Breakfast and visit Vieux Port de Montréal and after, pass time on Mont-Royal and enjoy one of the great restaurants downtown.
10. Where is your favourite place to unwind and catch up with friends in Montreal?
I like skating on Vieux-Port rink.