With #Montreal2020 just four months away, former Canadian National team member and current Skate Canada Digital Host, Elladj Baldé, shares with us his favourite things to do in his home city of Montreal.
My Montreal Questions: Elladj Baldé
1.What is your favourite restaurant in Montreal?
My favourite place to eat, especially when I am in the middle of a busy day is Panthere Vert. It’s a casual vegan spot with the most delicious sandwiches, bowls, juices and desserts! They also make an AMAZING vegan poutine which is one of my favourites! For sit down dinner, I love to eat at Satay Brothers!
2. What is your favourite dessert place in Montreal?
My favourite dessert place is Sophie Sucre. They sell all the amazing vegan desserts!
3. What is your favourite activity away from the rink in Montreal?
When I am not training hard, I love to relax and get a massage at Scandinavian Spa. Located right in Old Port, this spa is the perfect way to relax and unwind!
4. What is your favourite place to shop in Montreal?
I love to go shopping at the Dix 30 center in Broussard. They have all the best shops and restaurants there!
6. Is there anything specific fans should know about Montreal?
We are a very earth conscious city which I love! If you are a foodie, you will be able to have some of the best food here too thanks to all of our cultural influences. In the summer time, it is one of the most vibrant cities to visit with all sorts of festivals and events running every night!
7. What is the most exciting thing about living in Montreal?
I love how culturally diverse the city is!!!
8. Where is the best selfie location in Montreal?
At the top of Mont Royal lookout.
9. If someone only had one day in Montreal, what are some things you would recommend them doing/seeing?
I would say to visit Mont Royal, walk through the Old Port, and check out the Atwater Market!
10. Where is your favourite place to unwind and catch up with friends in Montreal?
Big in Japan!